8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 7:37 PM by u65ex54ed

export video disproportional

u65ex54ed

when i export the video no mater what the setingage s it comes out low quality and disprportional evenhough in the preview window it looks great . the footage is 720x480  29 fps size is 319 mb

• 1. Re: export video disproportional
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Hi,

Please share more info - Mac or PC? Premiere version? What are the export settings? A screenshot can be very helpful.

When you say disproportional, I assume your source video and project are widescreen 16:9, but when you play back the exported file it looks like 4:3? That is because both 4:3 and 16:9 DV video are 720x480. The Pixel Aspect Ratio determines how the end result looks. Most players assume PAR of 1.0 (square pixels) and that is why the export doesn't look right.

Manually set export frame size to 864x480 with PAR 1.0 and the export will then play as widescreen

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 2. Re: export video disproportional
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Or even easier, use a better player, like VLC or MPC that does recognize the widescreen flags.

• 3. Re: export video disproportional
              u65ex54ed Level 1

export setings 2.pngyou can see that the image is too small with the setings you gave me. i am using  windows 7. i am using premiere pro

• 4. Re: export video disproportional
                the_wine_snob Level 9

It appears that you Sequence Setting is 1920 x 1080 (hope I read that correctly), and you state that your Source Footage is 720 x 480. Can you verify your Sequence Setting, and also your Source Footage's dimensions, please?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: export video disproportional
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your sequence settings should be the same as your footage which is 720x480.

The screendump shows a sequence setting of 1920x1080

Thats why your picture looks too small.

The export settings is ok.

If you cannot choose a correct sequence setting do this, it will create a correct sequence.

new item icon.png

• 6. Re: export video disproportional
                    u65ex54ed Level 1

you are corect that the origional seting is 720x480 is the dimension.

Type: AVI Movie

File Size: 319.0 MB

Image Size: 720 x 480

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:01:28:06

Average Data Rate: 3.6 MB / second

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9091

AVI File details:

Contains 1 video track(s) and 1 audio track(s).

Interleave: 1 : 28.45

Video track 1:

Size is 302.81M bytes (average frame = 123.44K bytes)

There are 2646 keyframes.

Frame rate is 29.970 fps

Frame size is 720 x 480

Depth is 24 bits.

Audio track 1:

Size is 16.16M bytes

Rate is 48000 samples/sec

Sample size is 16 bits

• 7. Re: export video disproportional
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that.

I would create a DV Project. I did not see if it was Widescreen 16:9, or Standard 4:3 (looked Widescreen).

Then Ctrl+A (Select All) in the original Sequence, Ctrl+C (Copy), and navigate to the new Sequence, then Ctrl+V (Paste). That should get things where you wish to start.

As of CS 5, Ann's method is excellent to, to get the exact Sequence Setting, that matches your Source Footage.

Good luck, and let us know how well things work now.

Hunt

PS - Without asking, I gave you PC keystrokes, and if you are on a Mac, then it probably should be Cmd+____.

• 8. Re: export video disproportional
                        u65ex54ed Level 1

it turns out that i did something to it while editing that messed it up. when i export the origional file like ann sugested it looks perfectly the same but if i copy the edited version to another sequence and use its info as the export setings it look messed up. so something that i did while i edited the video had some efect on the file. I DID NOT TELL YOU THAT I USED MORE THAN ONE VIDEO FILE THAT COULD HAVE SEVERAL DIFERENT FILE TYPES BUT FOR ALL BUT one of them i deleted the video but kept the audio. maybe that could help. iwould rather not go back and redo all the fx i did. especially since i could do the same thing to a new file.