3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2012 8:48 AM by Frustrated in AZ

From Digital Editions to Samsung Galaxy P1000 tab

steenmikkelsen2 Level 1

How do I get an Ebook From Digital Editions to Samsung Galaxy P1000 tab ?

Which applications should I install on my  samsung Galaxy P1000 Tab to copy the Ebook over from Digital Editions ?

How big is an ebook in Mb (300 pages)

• 1. Re: From Digital Editions to Samsung Galaxy P1000 tab
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The process will be one thing - the support for the P1000 is another.

The P1000 is not listed as a supported device by Adobe.  Part of the reason

is that the Galaxy uses a tablet OS (Android) which ADE does not support,

and thus can't connect to.  Clich HERE

<http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices> to see the

list of supported devices.

There are several workarounds that have been discussed on the Forum, and I

didn't save those messages - sorry!  You can try to search the Forum, or

someone else who knows how to do it may respond to your post with the

details.

===========

• 2. Re: From Digital Editions to Samsung Galaxy P1000 tab
            steenmikkelsen2 Level 1

This one :

Samsung Electronics co. LTDeBook Reader on Galaxy Tab Android

???

• 3. Re: From Digital Editions to Samsung Galaxy P1000 tab
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The citation is for the app on the Tab, not the interface WITH the Tab,

which is the point.  ADE won't link directly to the Tab.

So, why does Adobe list the app on the tablet?  That goes back to the

start of this century, and the spec's for digital rights management that

sprung from it.  Adobe Content Manager was picked as one of the methods for

securing digital rights.  Adobe Digital Editions incorporates the functions

of ACM, as do other epublication management software programs.  Thus, most

sources of ebooks will 'specify' ADE as their primary download interface.

That was before the Android OS took off.

What you're running into is the pace of change in electronic devices.

Every cell phone and tablet seem to have a way to 'read ebooks'.  Trouble

is that the device manufacturers make the claims without telling you how to

do it, and thesoftware guys can't keep up with the changes  ....  I'd bet

that Adobe is trying to figure out how to interface with Android OS, but

they haven't released anything yet.

What you can try is to download the ebook to your ADE library, then use

your computer's utility programs to transfer the ebook to the tablet, and

then start the application on the tablet and import the ebook.....  If that

doesn't work for you, you can try another device-neutral ebook management

program, like Bluefire or Overdrive.

Hope this helps!

=================