3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2012 3:54 AM by SpareWheel

Dynamic Link issue

MikeG624

I have Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite installed.  Has worked without a problem for many months now.  However, in the last few weeks, dynamic link fails to work.  I get a message "must have Adobe Production Premium installed" for dynamic link to work.  Anyone having a similar problem and is there a fix available?

• 1. Re: Dynamic Link issue
          Shadreck Rukweza Level 2

You may need to state system and platform to be able to assist you.

• 2. Re: Dynamic Link issue
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

That can be caused by the same problem that causes this issue:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

• 3. Re: Dynamic Link issue
              SpareWheel Level 2

Hi Mike,

I'm a Productioon Premium user.

Dynamic Link has given me grief over a period of time for what I can see are no reasons, except and by accident I found the solution to my problem concerning this infuriating issue. No doubt there are other conditions that trigger this licensing safeguard.

Always (which is a good point in troubleshooting in this digital minefield), Prem Pro threw up this message if I created a new After Effects project then proceeded to use "Replace with After Effects Composition" for the first time.

Simple (in my case): close and reopen the new After Effects project. Solution - don't know why it keeps doing this (on occasions). It's what I call flakey, as with the same conditions set it could do something different. The reason I have come to the conclusion that Dynamic Link is not as stable as Adobe makes out. They could fix it overnight by doing away with the licensing safeguard - but they won't as they want to keep using Dynamic Link as a USP and product differentiator.