0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 7:44 AM by AuroraServices

Windows missing link after Mac places

AuroraServices

I am REALLY trying to figure out how to get Macs integrated into our workflow but have run into a problem with links. Brief overview of our setup. All of our files are placed onto different drives on a server running Windows Server 2003. We use the files on the server to place links into ads that we design for clients. No files or ads are saved onto individual machines.

When I throw a Mac into the mix, it recognizes the links that a Windows machine placed but the opposite isn't true. When a Mac places a link, the Windows machine sees the file path to link correctly EXCEPT for there is an extra volume\ in front of it. ex: volume\f\advertisers\client a\link.jpeg instead of f\advertisers\client a\link.jpeg.

This wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't place many links but we are talking THOUSANDS of links in a given week.

Surely, this isn't right. I'm working off the theory that either the server isn't configured correctly or the Mac isn't connected the right way. The only way I can get it to connect to the shares is by using the IP address of the server instead of the server name.

Anyone been in this same situation or can point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

forgot to mention that we are using CS 5 Design Standard without InDesign Server or any kind of content management program (too much cost for the boss to swallow)