Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Masks Not Downsampled

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a PDF that we want to reduce the file size.  When we select reduce file size, we get a window that reads "document contained image masks that were not downsampled". What does this mean?  The 20 page document contains a lot of cut and paste images of maps and site plans that were built in PowerPoint and InDesign.  Using Acrobat 9.

What steps do we have to take to correct this so we can reduce the file size?

Thanks

Barb

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that the images have a vector mask controlling which areas are visible (acting as a crop). These aren't affected by a RFS action as the vector data is as small as it can be, but the warning is shown because if the underlying bitmap image is resampled, there may be some issues around the edges of the mask (e.g. if the mask very accurately cuts out a shape from a background, some pixels of the background may appear if the image PPI is reduced).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, we are trying to reduce the file size of 13 Mb.  I've tried printing/PDF smallest file size, reduce file size and optimize.  None are reducing the size.  Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines