2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 1:27 PM by jps1980

Adding title text to a project causes export to mp4 become studdery/glitchy in Premiere Elements 10

jps1980

I'm having an odd problem when exporting my project as mp4 file.

My project is a timelapse video and most of my material is imported to Premiere as numbered stills (1920x1080 jpegs). All these work perfectly nice and smooth when exported.

But, if I add an title text as a clip to the project, the clip after the text always ends up studdering / lagging (image pauses for a moment, continues from several seconds later, then stops again etc, music keeps playing normally) in an exported mp4-file. The next clip again plays smoothly. Rendered preview in Premiere works nice and smooth and also several other export formats don't have this problem but I feel they lack the quality and compability that I get with the mp4-file. Oddly same studder also occurs if I replace the title created in Premiere with a single jpeg image imported as a clip to the project.

The exact same studder appears in VLC player in my computer and in my WD HD Live player box.

There must be some stupid rookie error I'm doing, but I simply cannot seem to find what that is. Leaving out the title text or the single jpeg eliminates the problem, but I kinda want to have those.

My project preset is DSLR video 1080p25 fps and I have been trying to export the video as MP4-H264 1920x1080p (and basically tested all the 1920x1080 mp4-variations).

Anybody have any idea what am I failing at?

• 1. Re: Adding title text to a project causes export to mp4 become studdery/glitchy in Premiere Elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you post a segment of this video showing the stuttering to YouTube so we can have a look?

Which Share path are you using to create your output video? Are you using Share/Computer/AVCHD 1920x1080? Where do you ultimately plan to display your video? (On a DVD or BluRay? On YouTube? On an iPod or iPad?) There are unique specs for your video for each of these final destinations.

Also, if you use Share/Computer/MOV to output a standard def MOV and play it in Quicktime, do you see the same stuttering?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adding title text to a project causes export to mp4 become studdery/glitchy in Premiere Elements 10
            jps1980 Level 1

My share path was Share/Computer/AVCHD/MP4-H264 1920x1080p

Ultimately the clip probably ends up in youtube / other web video service (and I can use the proper preset then) but here I was looking for the best possible quality to use for viewing on my computer / tv via the WD HD Live box.

The test clip I uploaded to youtube worked just fine there even though it showed the stutter problem as a mp4 file on my computer.

And having further studied the issue, the problematic mp4-file plays just fine if I move it to my SSD drive instead of normal hard drive or if I export the file with slighly lower bitrate... I'm running fairly new computer so this option didn't even occur to me. Especially when the WD Live box exhibited the same problem.

So this was a completely pointless n00b-problem...

Thanks for your answer anyway!