3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 11:32 AM by Todd Rein

Users are receiving a "Server Error"

akirk1

We have been getting several calls a day from individuals who fill out the entire form, and then when they press the "submit" button, it gives them a Server Error. What is causing this? Adobe Live Chat support tells me its when someone is trying to use the form on a work computer that has policies preventing form submissions. But this can't be the case as some have been done on home computers.

What can be done to fix this? It's unacceptable, especially since we are on the highest paid plan.

• 1. Re: Users are receiving a "Server Error"
          Todd Rein Level 3

Hi,

I agree, it's not policy issue.  If it was, you'd not see the form to begin with.  Can you provide some information that might help us diagnose this issue?

- What type and version of browser and operating system are the individuals who are having this issue using?

- Is there a time of day when you are hearing these complaints (and what timezone are they in)?

Thanks,

Todd

• 2. Re: Users are receiving a "Server Error"
            akirk1 Level 1

As this form has been sent out nationwide, it is not in a specific time zone. We receive over a dozen emails a week complaining of this issue, and as such are missing out on responses.

This is NOT acceptable for paid software. Even with added features (such as image uploads), if users are unable to submit their application to us, we were better off using our previous solution (google forms). Please fix it immediately, or otherwise remedy the situation.

• 3. Re: Users are receiving a "Server Error"
              Todd Rein Level 3

Hi,

If you can tell us when you receive this reports (and the timezone), it helps us diagnose the issue.  Also, again any browser and OS information you can provide also help us diagnose.

Lastly, can you provide your form URL?  You can send me a private message if you want.

Thanks,

Todd