3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 3:32 PM by the_wine_snob

Disc Menus

Lee Watrous

How can I Merge the two MAIN MENUS screnes that result when I have 3 independent movieclips in the time line with MAIN MENU MARKERS at the beginning of movies 2 & 3 and STOP MARKERS at the end of movies 1 & 2 ? My goal is to simplify selecting the movies when showing them by having all selections on one screen.

• 1. Re: Disc Menus
          the_wine_snob Level 9

With PrE, you cannot. The Main Menu will doo a Play All, or lead to a Scene Selection Menu, where the Chapters can be played.

Now, you could easily do what you want in Adobe Encore, but it only ships with PrPro now, or a full-featured program, like Sony's DVD Architect.

PrE is limited in it navigation, and one really only gets a very few choices, such as AutoPlay (no Menu), or the common Main Menu, leading to a Scene Selection Menu. That is about all that one can do.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Disc Menus
            nealeh Level 5

It depends on what template you use. Some of them allow up to four selections on the main menu. What version of PRE are you using? I vaguely recall that some PRE7 templates had up to six buttons on the main menu..

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Disc Menus
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

You know, I think that you are correct, and then I will stand corrected.

You can see how seldom I author with PrE, and when I do, how few different Menu Sets I use... Duh!

Thanks,

Hunt