1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2012 1:43 AM by Dave Merchant

Giving different passwords to the same file - Can be managed in an easy way?

Ozan13

Hi,

I want to give the same pdf file different passwords.

Is there an easy way to achieve this process?

I mean generating LOTSss copies of the same file, but with different passwords in each time?

Please don't tell me that I have to generate them 1 by 1

All solutions including adobe platforms / excluding adobe platforms.. all the possible alternatives using the available forces of Galaxy are also welcomed.

Thanks a LOT

• 1. Re: Giving different passwords to the same file - Can be managed in an easy way?
          Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You cannot automate the generation of unique passwords with Acrobat. In terms of Adobe software it's a feature only possible with LiveCycle.

If however you use a server-based solution (Java, PHP, etc.) there are a number of PDF class libraries which can password-encrypt files, and a script running on a server can of course generate password strings however it wants. It does however depend on what's in your file, as many of these libraries don't allow import of existing files or only suport older versions of the PDF standard (so if your document needs the latest Acrobat X encryption or contains rich media, scripts, etc. you're limited in what you can use.)