5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 8:10 PM by John T Smith

Premiere Elements 10:  timeline bogs down.  Pls help!

deejais1

My first post on what looks like a very helpful forum.  I'm hoping one of you smart guys can help me.

I bought and started using PrE10 a few weeks ago.  Making family videos for Youtube, etc.

Here's my issue:  playback on the timeline is, at times, choppy and frustratingly slow!  If I put more than three or four clips together, with no effects, the playback slows to about 1 fps.  If I stop playback, wait a second, and hit PLAY again, it is smooth until it hits the next clip, then it's chop-chop again.

And if I add a TITLE?  Forget about it.  The audio sounds fine, but the video playback STOPS, at least on the portion with the title.  When I save the project as an MPEG and play it back, it's fine.  But editing precisely on a choppy playback is pure madness.

I bought a new video card today, replacing my GEFORCE 9500 GT (1MB) with a GeFORCE 430 GT (2MB).  I just tried it out:  exact same issue, zero improvement.  Arghh!

Here's my computer:  what part needs upgrading to give me nice silky smooth playback?

Dell Inspiron 537

Pentium dual-core E5200 2.5 GHz

4 GB RAM

Video Card (as of today) PNY GeFORCE 430 GT (2MB)