4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 7:38 AM by the_wine_snob

Blending Modes

VideoFrank Level 1

How does one do Blending Modes, like Multiply, in Premiere Elements 10?

I've got a video on track Video 2 (Blend Layer) and a smoke clip below on

track Video 1 (Base Layer).  I want to multiply the top Blend Layer with the

Base Layer. How do I do this? Later I want to use Screen blending, then Add

blending, and finally Subtract blending. How do I do this blending stuff?

• 1. Re: Blending Modes
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Blending modes are a function of layers in Photoshop Elements. They are not a function of video tracks in Premiere Elemetns.

• 2. Re: Blending Modes
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Besides the Layer Blending Modes in PSE (as Steve mentioned), those are also available in Photoshop, plus have been added to Premiere Pro, as of about CS 4, and expanded in CS 5.5. Premiere Pro does not have quite the same array, as Photoshop (I do not know about the possibilities in PSE), but it still offers quite a few.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Blending Modes
              VideoFrank Level 1

Apparently Adobe Premiere Elements 10 doesn't have Blending Modes capability.

Thanks guys for setting me straight on this issue. Now I won't waste any more time trying to find out "how to do it" with this new app.

-- Frank

• 4. Re: Blending Modes
                the_wine_snob Level 9

PrE has not gotten them yet. PrPro just got them, at about CS 4.

They can be very useful, though they are very involved. Entire books have been written about Blending Modes in Photoshop.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt