I may be off base here, because the Java update may or may not be a red herring. This phenomenon (no pods) can also occurred in this scenario:
- You purposely close all of your pods EXCEPT the Design Editor View in order to remove clutter and simply look at a topic with as much real estate as possible.
- A topic is left open in the Design Editor and everything is working fine.
- The author closes the project
- The author reopens RoboHelp to a different project.
- Because nothing had been loaded previously for this new project, there is nothing to load in the Design View, therefore it is blank giving the illusion that the pods are gone forever.
- The fix in RoboHelp 7 (guessing because I don't have it on this machine) is to go File > Environment > Load Default Environment. and all the pods will return.
If this doesn't work, then Peter's suggestion would seem the only recourse.
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Bingo, John!! Thanks so much. Loading the default environment worked. I've been working with RoboHelp 7 everyday for the last three years and couldn't figure this out. Not sure how all the pods disappeared in the first place, but they are working now!!!