3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2012 10:43 AM by Luanne_O

Why can't I view any pods in RoboHelp 7?

Luanne_O

I can't view any pods in RoboHelp 7 after updating Java. Beta docs due in 24 hours. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Why can't I view any pods in RoboHelp 7?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

1] Reboot the PC.

2] Uninstall and reinstall RoboHelp.

Sorry but that's the best I can do as no one has reported that problem before.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

• 2. Re: Why can't I view any pods in RoboHelp 7?
            johndaigle Level 4

I may be off base here, because the Java update may or may not be a red herring. This phenomenon (no pods) can also occurred in this scenario:

1. You purposely close all of your pods EXCEPT the Design Editor View in order to remove clutter and simply look at a topic with as much real estate as possible.
            2. A topic is left open in the Design Editor and everything is working fine.
            3. The author closes the project
            4. The author reopens RoboHelp to a different project.
            5. Because nothing had been loaded previously for this new project, there is nothing to load in the Design View, therefore it is blank giving the illusion that the pods are gone forever.
            6. The fix in RoboHelp 7 (guessing because I don't have it on this machine) is to go File > Environment > Load Default Environment. and all the pods will return.

If this doesn't work, then Peter's suggestion would seem the only recourse.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

• 3. Re: Why can't I view any pods in RoboHelp 7?
              Luanne_O Level 1

Bingo, John!! Thanks so much. Loading the default environment worked. I've been working with RoboHelp 7 everyday for the last three years and couldn't figure this out. Not sure how all the pods disappeared in the first place, but they are working now!!!