6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2012 4:42 AM by Chris Nierop

capturing not working anymore

Chris Nierop Level 1

Here's the problem.

When I try to import a DV tape into PPRO 5.5, normally I  "capture", and a window to capture pops up.

Trying to do so now, there is no pop up window to capture, so capturing is not possible.

I did recover windows to an earlier point, just to try.

I did reinstall PPRO 5.5.

Starting my DV recorder, PPRO 5.5 automatically starts up. So there is an connection between the recorder and PPRO 5.5

Trying to capture with my old PPRO 2.0, the capture window pops up in PPRO 2.0 as it should.

But when I try to capture in PPRO 5.5, the capture popup window does'n't appear. This problem I didn't have before.

Any suggestions what to try. or what could be the problem here?

Best regards Chris

• 1. Re: capturing not working anymore
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Hi Chris,

I have no idea what happened with your system, but maybe using the restore point has some impact.

You have checked the cables, they are OK, PR 2.0 captures OK, Windows apprarently recognizes the deck by starting CS5.5 so my feeling is 'something' causes PR to not start the capture engine. The only thing I can offer, as bothersome as it is, is to deactivate CS5.5, uninstall, run Clean Script a couple of times, rebooting in between, install, activate and update. Then check you are still using the Legacy driver.

Sorry I can't offer anything else or better.

• 2. Re: capturing not working anymore
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try different software...

SD capture http://windv.mourek.cz/ or http://www.scenalyzer.com/main.html or http://www.exsate.com/products/dvcapture/

Do note that the demo version of ScenalyzerLive puts a watermark in the files it creates

- I'm told that the OLD version of Scenalyzer is freeware... check the download page for details

• 3. Re: capturing not working anymore
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Are you just waiting for the window to open, or are you hitting the F5 key to open it manually?

• 4. Re: capturing not working anymore
                Chris Nierop Level 1

I tried it several ways:

Go to:    file - capture     result:  capturewindow not opening

F5:                                    result     capturewindow not opening

The strange thing is it worked before.

I did completely removed PPRO 5.5. with adobe cleaner and installed the complete PPRO 5.5 again, and updated is.

But no postive result.

I cannot capture anymore with PPRO 5.5.

PPRO does respond on the recorder, when I start the recorder, PPRO starts to open as it ueually does.

So there is a working connection. Only the captureengine doenot start

Chris

• 5. Re: capturing not working anymore