2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2012 8:47 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 10

foxy45 Level 1

I've just upgraded to Elements 10 which has come with a 30 day trial version of Premiere Elements 10. I've been playing with it and seen that each clip has ' created by trial version etc' across the middle. So does this disappear somehow if I buy the full version or would I have to start my project from scratch again?

I'm a bit dubious about Premiere as I've used Premiere Elements 4 for a long time and it's very prone to crashing. I usually get round this by saving every few minutes so I can at least get back to the prior crash point. My worry is that quite a few of the postings here say that they are experiencing crashes with Premiere 10. So has it improved?

My movies tend to be of holidays and most run for at least an hour; maybe even more. Is this likely to be factor in crashing? Am I being too ambitious in making movies of this length?

If I do decise to purchase the full version am I better getting it from Amazon so I'd get the dosftware disks or clicking on Buy Now within the trial? What would happen if I needed to re-install if I used the latter?

Finally, I tried to change my Country to UK on this website but it won't accept it - says it can't find the page. Any idea on what I can do?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For the watermark, see this FAQ Entry.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Most users, with adequate, and properly tuned OS's, find that PrE 10 is very stable.

You might want to look over this ARTICLE, for setting up PrE and the computer. It starts with a checklist, then goes into details on tuning up your system and OS. It finishes with links on troubleshooting, and also with a link on what info would be so very useful, for others to address issues for you. I would definitely see that, and post the details asked for in the linked article. So much can go into the success, or failure, that quite a bit of info is handy.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful