Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding published project to wordpress blog

Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone help me figure out how to add a published Adobe Captivate project to a wordpress page please. I tried to insert the swf file but the videos in my project don't play. Thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to this forum,

I'm not using WordPress but asked RJ Jacquez to give a tip (by Twitter). And he is using WP, recommends installing this plugin:

SWFObject Plugin

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Lilybiri, I have installed SWFObject plugin into my wordpress blog but the problem still exist. The project plays with all the interactivity but all the videos do not play. It shows a blank page. Everything seems fine except the videos. Could it be that I did not embedd the video files properly in captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you insert the video: as slide video or as inserted FLV? You have to be sure that the video can be found, they will have to be uploaded as well. Now I understand the answer of Mavelez, if you publish the videos separately and point to them it would be functional as well.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Publish video from menu File.  http://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/advanced/publish_f4v.html
  2. Use your count in you tube and upload the file .check > http://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/advanced/upload_youtube.html
  3. Copy URL video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mavelez,

But if you point to a video, you'll lose all interactivity! Whereas IMO the great power of Captivate is in interactive SWF's. I have a lot of CP-published SWF's on my blog: http://lilybiri.posterous.com but they are all interactive.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

It looks like the problem is from how i inserted the videos into my captivate project, this is because I have tried ti add the same published project into another site under a different host but the same problem exist. On my computer the published project plays perfect with all the videos . The videos I'm talking about were youtube videos I downloaded to my computer. In inserting the videos I used Shift+Ctrl+F I then browsed to the location of the video on my computer and insert. When the video is inserted under the General in properties it will show Progressive download video. After that I publish my project. Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We just created a new Wordpress plugin that enables you to quickly embed Captivate content into Wordpress.  For more information, see the link below:

http://www.elearningplugins.com/products/insert-embed-adobe-captivate-content-wordpress-plugin/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look, because I want to continue blogging in a WP-site instead of my current Posthaven. I have a lot of embedded CP-published SWF's in my blog.

But I don't see any advantage in buying this plug-in because you are inserting the SWF-output (which I have already in Posthaven) and not the HTML5 output. This means that it will not be possible to watch the output on all devices at all. Or do I miss something?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve (anyone), have you tried html5 content in a iFrame in WordPress? Curious as to what the issues were if you have tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not. I'm not well versed in WP at all, don't like it really. But I don't see why I should buy a plug-in to insert a SWF. Switching to WP I would like to see tutorials, interactive examples on my blog being visible on all devices. For the moment, Posthaven allows me already to insert a SWF without any problem. Maybe I give up the WP-plan totally, keep blog on Posthaven and create a website with Muse or Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For $99 USD, I'd rather buy LearnDash and turn my WordPress Blog into a full featured LMS.

http://www.learndash.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

As I mentioned in the other thread, it'll work no matter which option you choose:  Just Flash, just HTML5, or both Flash and HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey elearningplugins guy! I can't seem to get the 2 free files to upload before i spend my 99 bucks. I WILL spend the money if you help me. Here is the error I'm getting: see pic.Edit_Lesson_‹_MyBriefCBT_—_WordPress.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my email: healthedesigns@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elearningplugins​, can you please let me know the license type of the plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Nowadays, there are many wordpress plugin out there to let you do this job.

These are some popular plugin to upload your courses to WordPress site.

1. Grassblade xAPI companion

2. Tin Canny Reporting

3. LearnDash xAPI

Note: Disable xAPI tracking while exporting and uploading the course, because with tracking you need an LRS to make it work.

Regards,

Moderator: self-promotion is not allowed on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources