1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2012 2:03 PM by TᴀW

How to place multiple images automatically into placed graphic boxes?

erblo007 Level 1

Hello, I am in need of a way to post multiple pictures automatically into graphic boxes that are already drawn on a page. I made a sample layout of what I'm dealing with here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2In6Nms_2-1Y2FwYUc1WE1UYy0zQXZUQ2Jlb2lrdw.

I would like to choose a library a photos and have them automatically placed into these boxes going left to right, top to bottom. The pictures would be placed in alphabetical order of the filename.

I'm working with two facing pages at a time, or sometimes many pages in a linked document. So if it could be flowed page to page that is great, or if it can only be one page at a time that is ok too.

How can I go about doing this? I think this is something that can be done with a script? Thank you for any input you all have!

• 1. Re: How to place multiple images automatically into placed graphic boxes?
          TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is the script creating the frames? If so, just assign each frame a

variable, or make them all into an array. Then use something like:

myFrame.place("aFile");

If the script is not creating the frame, then are they live frames on

the page, or are they actually on a master page?

If they're on master spreads, you'll have to release them to the page

you want. (I think it's myMasterFrame.override(myPage) where myPage is

the live page you want to detach them on, but you'll have to double

check that.)

But presuming they're regular detached frames on a page, if you want

your script to figure out which is the first and which is the second you

can either use script labels in the UI and then search for the script

label, or else you'll have to write a function that will get all

rectangles on the page (myPage.rectangles.everyItem().getElements() and

either do a clever javascript sort, or write a straightforward function

to sort them by height and x-pos.

Hope that sheds some light on the task ahead!

Ariel