7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 2:10 AM by Aniks

Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0

airsoftesneeto

Hey guys, I am a noob when it comes to video editing. However I am hoping to do a timelapse using adobe premiere 4.0. I cannot seem to find a way to change the duration of each photo. I use time stretch but that only works for one photo at a time. Is there anyway to preset premiere 4.0 so each frame isnt set to a duration of 5 seconds?!?!?! help!!!!!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Before you import the photos into your project, go to Edit/Preferences and change the Duration of Still Image to one frame.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Steve points out, one must set the Stills Duration BEFORE Import. If you have them in the Project Panel, just Delete them, set Edit>Preferences>Still Duration, then Import them again.

Now, before I Imported the entire group, I would experiment with the Durations, to get the look you want, with the sequences that you have. For most Time-Lapse, I find that 3 -5 Frames works best, but have gone down to 1 Frame, and up to about 10 Frames - it just depends. When you have the look that you want, then Import the Stills to that Duration. Remember, you can individually change that Duration, should a few need some tweaking.

Also, Scale your Still Images to match the Frame Size of your Project, in Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, before you Import them into the Project. That will solve a lot of problems, quality will be better, and the processing overhead on your computer will be as small, as possible.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
              airsoftesneeto Level 1

thanks a lot guys my work is getting done a lot faster now. getting really stoked about it. One more question i am doing all this on my gopro taking pictures at 720 yet when i do an export the best quality it will come out on is 360p. not my cup of tea. help???

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say "taking pictures" are you talking about taking still photos or taking video?

And why do you believe you can only output 360p? Which Share settings are you using?

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Which Go-Pro camera are you using?

What are the full specs. of the files produced?

What is your Project's Preset?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
                    airsoftesneeto Level 1

i am using the GoPro HD Hero. I am not taking video with it I am taking stills with it. set to take at 1 seconds intervals. The reason why I am only seeing 360p is because i did a test of an export and posted it on youtube and the max resolution was only 360p. And i looked at my share center and it said 320x240 i then changed that to 720x480 and now it uploads on youtube at a max of 480p. Should i just keep on increasing it until it gets to my desire 720p? tahnks again guys, you are a lot of help

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
                      Aniks Level 2

I am not very sure about the export presets PRE version 4 had, but if your original project and pictures are of 720p, then you may straight forward export it to 720p settings.

Hope it helps,

Aniks