3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 6:27 AM by the_wine_snob

Current Time Indicator Not Moving

vaughnc2

Help! I did something to make the current time indicator not move smoothly with the video. Now it does not move. Then it jumps ahead with no movement in between. Very frustrating.

• 1. Re: Current Time Indicator Not Moving
          vaughnc2 Level 1

I shut down the program and reran. That worked. Should have done that before asking the question...

• 2. Re: Current Time Indicator Not Moving
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This also could be an indication of performance problems with your system.

Have you ensured that your source video and project settings are a match? If they are, you will NOT see red lines above clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

If you're working with still or once you add effects to your project, you'll see red lines above the clips on your timeline. When you do, you should press Enter to render your timeline. Those red lines will turn green and your playback performance should improve greatly.

If you're regularly dealing with a sluggish CTI or timeline performance, there could be other performance issues with your system or your computer may not have the power to work with the footage you're trying to edit.

• 3. Re: Current Time Indicator Not Moving
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would read over this ARTICLE, which starts with a checklist for getting PrE running best. It then goes into several links on tuning up the OS and the computer, and follows with links on troubleshooting. If nothing helps, then there is a link to an article, that tells you what info would be so very helpful for remotely troubleshooting issues. Look over that, and then post the full details of your computer, your Source Files and your Project's Preset, chosen at New Project.

Good luck,

Hunt