16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 7:16 AM by mathewlisett

Not loading (white page look)

mathewlisett Level 1

well after several attempts at installs, most of them havikgn the files come directly from adobe website, i finally had no issues with the installtion of the preimre pro , states installtion complete. me thinks finally.

how ever, again when i go to load the software, the window loads, you see the toolbar up the top but everythign else is white but along with this you get a windows 7 timer constantly going around as if its waiting for it to either catch up with soemthign , or it having issues thinking.

my ssystem is a windows 7 x64, 2gb ddr2

all the issues seems to happen with premire pro package, especially in concern with the direct download of the master collection, and it seems as though every release in the cs5.5 range has issues. ive just installedthe cs5.5 pp version 5.5.0 and that didnt have issues installing as ive stated, but just keeps giving me issues when you want to load the software.

anybody have any experince with this as its now winding me up.

• 1. Re: Not loading (white page look)
          Harm Millaard Level 7

my ssystem is a windows 7 x64, 2gb ddr2

That does not bode well. Seriously underspecced for almost all kinds of editing. What is your disk setup? How long have you waited for the program to start? More than an hour?

• 2. Re: Not loading (white page look)
            mathewlisett Level 1

well the minimum spec thats asked for is 2gb's of memory, and i have it running on another system without issue. but for some reason im having this issue on this system.

i have 1x160gb hdd with  2 x 80gb

considering i have yet to  the "npotresponding" or the timmer stop, theres soemthign not goign right that im not being shown or told about

• 3. Re: Not loading (white page look)
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Adobe minimum requirements are for installing the program, not using it. And yes, you have sinned. A single disk is not enough and to make it worse, you partitioned that disk. I suggest you go over to the Hardware forum and read the Hardware FAQ articles found under the Overview tab.

Are the specs of the other system identical to this troublesome system, same old CPU, 2 GB, single partitioned disk, same video card, same OS and driver versions, etc.?

When was the last time you did a complete reformat of your disk and made a fresh install of OS and programs?

• 4. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                mathewlisett Level 1

ive always used partitioned drives (even though i havent stated this so far so god knows how you knew that)

fresh system setup, fresh system build from new 2nd parts becuase cant afford anything else yet.

other system is the same, just doesnt have the pc-e gpu card, its premire pro runs fine, loads fine, but has issues the encore for some reason when sending to its queue.

whats the point stating minimum specs when thats just for iknstallation, they should be stating operation specs.

and like ive said before, all new updates have install failures, untill i came back to the first cs5.5 version which installed fine. but the loading is the issue.

• 5. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

You double posted on the hardware forum. Please refrain from double posting. If this turns out to be a hardware issue, the mods can move it for you.

Have a look here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/947698?tstart=0

Pay special attention to the links in that article, since there is a linked article about System Requirements.

The huge wait for the system to respond can have a number of causes. Apart from the slow hardware you have, there could be the issue of an ill or not-tuned system, anti-something running, processes and services that could easily be turned off but are running, indexing and compression not being turned off on both partitions. It could also be a corrupt installation of the download version. Hard to tell at this moment.

I suggest you start reading http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436139?tstart=0 which also applies to Win7. It may give you some tips to help resolve your issues.

P.S.: I said earlier:

I suggest you go over to the Hardware forum and read the Hardware FAQ articles found under the Overview tab.

I didn't suggest a double post.

• 6. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                    mathewlisett Level 1

at the moment im compressing the main drive, see what that does. but again as i said before, it states nothign of the minimum reqiurements of the system for the software to be running but as you stated to be installed, which is very misleading. simply becuase i have all those reqiurements. and my disk is a 10krpm not a 7200 which i would assume is better due to speed it works at

• 7. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                      Harm Millaard Level 7

To avoid misunderstandings, it is wise to be completely accurate in your statements. There are 10000 RPM disks in 146, 150, 300, 450 and 600 GB capacities, but not in 160 GB capacities. So it either must be a 7200 RPM SATA drive with 160 GB, or it must be another capacity if it is a 10000 RPM disk.

Let me try to explain what is going on here by using an analogy.

You live 15 minutes from the football field and you promised the football coach to bring the whole team of players, including reserves, with their gear to the field on saturday, all 15 people.

You have a car that can seat three players plus yourself as the driver, and their gear. So, normally this would take 5 round trips to transport all 15 players to the field, because you can only fit in 3 players at a time. Each trip takes 15 minutes to the field plus 15 minutes back home. This would take you five times 30 minutes, so in total 2½ hours. Single disk situation.

But, you chose to partition your disk, which is equivalent to taking out the back seat of your car and suddenly it takes 10 round trips or 5 hours to transport the whole team. Not only is it way slower, but the tear-and-wear on your car is doubled.That is a lose-lose situation. Single disk partitioned situation.

Had you chosen to include your neighbours and were able to use 5 cars driving at the same time, it would have taken only 30 minutes for the whole job. Players happy, you happy, coach happy. That is a win-win situation. Multiple disk situation.

Same with your system. Single disk is bad, partitioned is worse, multiple disks is good. Add an very old CPU (meaning a slow old car that may take 25 minutes to reach the football field) and you have to be very patient, just like the coach and players.

Hope this explains what you are doing.

• 8. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                        mathewlisett Level 1

WD1600ADFD-60NLR5 is the drive

but still, no explanation for whats happening.

• 10. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                          mathewlisett Level 1

sorry im dyslexic, you will need to use english  and not just see number 5

• 11. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                            Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Harm meant for you to see post #5 in this thread.  The links there will likely show you the source of your problem.

Your system is seriously underpowered.  If you can get it to work at all, you will have to wait a long time for the system to respond when editing or exporting.

Since you said a similar system works as you'd expect (except for the graphics adapter), you should try updating the drivers for the adapter in the system that has the problem.

-Jeff

• 12. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                              mathewlisett Level 1

it is up to date, its for the fx5200. yes its cheap, but premire pro should load.

if therewas an error message or something giving me a sure answer then fine, but as ive said before since the system requrements have been met, to me it should load .

• 13. Re: Not loading (white page look)

my previous system which was a q6600 oc'd to 4.2 with 8gb ddr2

i was lookign at the intel i7 2600k and at least 16gb memory

Seriously, either of these systems would be so much better than what you are trying to use now.  Can you get access to your "previous system"?

-Jeff

• 14. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                                  mathewlisett Level 1

christ i wish, sadly it was  destroyed a year ago, via legal matters which i wotn go into. but it was a brillant system and it was gutting for me to see it go.

but currently the systems i have, one is a mates, and the other is from 2nd hand parts that i could afford .

the oc'd system was bought from shares i sold in 07, times have sadly changed as you can see.

• 15. Re: Not loading (white page look)

I think I found your most serious problem:

The fx 5200 only supports OpenGL 1.5.  CS5+ minimum system requirements state that you need a video card that supports OpenGL 2.0 or later.

-Jeff

• 16. Re: Not loading (white page look)
                                      mathewlisett Level 1

thank you, i had bought this like 6 months ago for the previous system i was on . didnt know what the specs of the card were. right ill go look see if there a cheap card for opengl 2.0