3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 9:33 AM by Peter Spier

Master Pages

girl_sabo

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but frustration has taken over...

I've created Master Pages and placed pg numbers and essential "footer" info on them & applied the master pages to all pages.

My issue is — I can't see the master page items/info under graphics or text boxes created on my pages. Help!

• 1. Re: Master Pages
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Create a layer for Master Page items, place all your Master items on it, and move it above all your other layers.

• 2. Re: Master Pages
            girl_sabo Level 1

Ugh - THANK YOU!

I've never worked with layers in InDesign before... I knew it would be an easy fix as they function just like layers in Photoshop!!

Thanks!

Nickie

• 3. Re: Master Pages
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

girl_sabo wrote:

they function just like layers in Photoshop!!

Not quite.

In ID, for any particular layer, master objects on that layer are behind any objects on the document page, but master objects on an upper layer are in front of objects on a lower layer on the document pages. In this case, you may only want, or need, to move the frame with a page marker to a higher layer. In general, it is best to have text at the top of the stack whenever possible to avoid problems with transparency faltteing interactions when you've used transparency, blend modes, or effects on your page.