2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 1:51 PM by the_wine_snob

Upscaling SD -> HD

nealeh Level 5

In my never-ending search for the best tools for each part of my workflow I see that in the UK the full version of "Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Deluxe" is free on a magazine covermount.

I'm intrigued by this part of the product feature set:

CyberLink says:

Leveraging PowerDVD's video enhancing TrueTheater technology, PowerDirector delivers HD-like results from standard definition content by upscaling video resolution

Anyone here used it, and how good is it? I'd like, but can't afford, Red Giants Magic Bullet HD and wondered if this might be a cheap (£0 , $0) way to get similar functionality.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 1. Re: Upscaling SD -> HD
          nealeh Level 5

Here's their screenshot for the feature (cynic mode on: probably Photoshop'd)

Upscaling Video Quality with TrueTheatre Technology

Upscaling Video Quality with TrueTheatre Technology

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Upscaling SD -> HD
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

I have not tried the new CyberLink PowerDVD. I have the commercial version (cannot recall the version, but it's several back), and have just passed on the offers to upgrade. Maybe the time is right?

Now, I have seen vast improvements in DVD-Videos, when played on an up-rezzing BD (or an up-rezzing DVD) player, and was amazed. However, they benefit from the dedicated up-rezzing chips, where CyberLink would have to be doing it at the software level

Wish that I knew more.

Hunt