2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 11:01 PM by Mylenium

Grid effect is messed up

dh91 Level 1

Hey all,

I'm trying to use a simple grid from the generate catagory, but it is messed up.

It displays differently depening on how zoomed in i am, and sometimes it randomly just disappears. With or without 3d on.

I'm on 5.5.. does anyone have a similar issues? Is there a better way to create a grid? I noticed it doesn't react to masks either, which is annoying.

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Grid effect is messed up
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The grid effect generates pixels on a layer. The only way to keep the image at maximum sharpness is to view the lawyer at 100% scale. If it's a 3-D layer than the distance between the layer and the camera cannot be any less than the zoom value of the camera. If you need a bigger grid then make a bigger layer. It would really help if I knew a little more about what you are trying to do. If I completely understood your project then I can give you the solution.

If you want to apply a mask to a layer that has the grid effect applied then you must pre-compose the layer moving all attributes to the new composition. It's just a question of render order. There are many plug-ins that respond this way.

• 2. Re: Grid effect is messed up
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nothing wrong. Depending on how thick or fine the lines are, they will simply fall victim to reduced resolution. Not different than any other effect at all. As Rick said, simply work at full resolution and 100% zoom. and if effects don't respond to masks, simply pre-compose or use a matte on top.

Mylenium