6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 10:27 AM by cgoo

PSE9 Premier Organizer issue

cgoo

Upon trying to open PSE 9 (Premier) Organizer the window appears in the taskbar (small icon) but does not open on the full screen.

I have to close the program from the taskbar and then reopen again, sometimes three times, to successfully open the Organizer.

Running Win7Pro Intel Core2 Quad CPU2.33 GHz  64bit OS

What is happening and how to fix?

• 1. Re: PSE9 Premier Organizer issue
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is the Premiere Elements forum. If you've got a question about Photoshop Elements, it's probably best posted to the Photoshop Elements forum.

• 2. Re: PSE9 Premier Organizer issue
            cgoo Level 1

The question does pertain to Photoshop Elements Premiere.

Calinda "Cal" Goo

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.   -- Oscar Wilde

• 3. Re: PSE9 Premier Organizer issue
              nealeh Level 5

For future reference there is no such thing as Photoshop Elements Premiere.

There is:

• Photoshop Elements (still images) Personally I abbreviate this as PSE.
              • Premiere Elements (movies). Personally I abbreviate this as PRE.
              • Elements Organizer (cataloguing). The organizer is supplied with both PSE and PRE. Personally I abbreviate this as EO.

It sounds as though your problem is with the Elements Organizer. It has no forum of its own, but is more usually discussed in the PSE Forum as Steve suggested.

What happens if you try and open the Organizer from within PRE? (Click Organize at the upper right)?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: PSE9 Premier Organizer issue
                cgoo Level 1

However way you prefer to use acronyms, I will, for further communication and to avoid confusion, use the full name of each program (as per listed on my box).

Both programs, Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 have the same issue of pinning to the taskbar but unsuccessful at opening if I click the icon on the taskbar. I can, however,  exit the program from the taskbar.  Upon a couple of more attempts the program will open successfully but it seems to be arbitrary.

I have tried to change the way it opens (from the menu in the upper right), as you suggest, when the Welcome screen appears but that does not seem to work either.

I suppose I could live with trying to open the program through multiple attempts but it is rather annoying.

Calinda "Cal" Goo

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.   -- Oscar Wilde

• 5. Re: PSE9 Premier Organizer issue
                  nealeh Level 5

Just to be clear, you are opening the programs and see the Welcome dialog. That step works correctly, but running the Organizer from either of the welcome screens fails. Do Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements open correctly from the Welcome screens?

If they do can you then run the Organizer from their screens?

Premiere Elements

1.png

Photoshop Elements

2.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: PSE9 Premier Organizer issue
                    cgoo Level 1

Yes,  I do get Welcome screens for both programs. That part does work correctly.  From the Welcome screen you have a couple of choices. You can either open the Organizer or the Editor.  Usually I open the Organizer first.  When you click the Organizer radio buttons the Organizer window will not appear on the monitor. It will however appear in the taskbar making it seem as if it opened. If you click on the icon in the taskbar the Organizer window doesn't open.

Both programs have the same problem with Organizer. I don't normally open the Editor from the Welcome screen but have tried it today and it seems the Editor does not have the same issue.

I cannot think of any reason why the issue is so arbitrary since occasionally the Organizer opens from the Welcome screen with no problem.

Calinda "Cal" Goo