3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 11:01 PM by Sathyamoorthi

Spark TextArea paddingBottom issue

Jay(RIA)

Hello Friends,

I am trying to apply padding properties on s:TextArea. But facing issue with paddingBottom property. PaddingBottom is not reflacted on screen. I have codded as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">

<s:TextArea

width="200"

height="150"

x="50"

y="50"

paddingBottom="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingRight="10" paddingTop="10"

borderColor="#4405E2"

contentBackgroundColor="#B5E061"

textAlign="justify"

text="One significant aspect of JavaScript is that there is rarely a single right way to do any particular task. JavaScript is a loosely-typed, dynamic, and expressive language, which means that there are usually   many different ways to accomplish the same task for application"

verticalScrollPolicy="off"/>

</s:Application>

Jay

• 1. Re: Spark TextArea paddingBottom issue
          Sathyamoorthi Level 2

document says - if the text doesn't all fit, you may have to scroll in order to see the padding.

my suggestion is use

<mx:TextArea

it is working good.

• 2. Re: Spark TextArea paddingBottom issue
            Jay(RIA) Level 1

Hi Sathyamoorthi,

I agree with you. but I am targetting to use Superscript Subscript features.

• 3. Re: Spark TextArea paddingBottom issue
              Sathyamoorthi Level 2

may be helpful.

<s:BorderContainer width="200" contentBackgroundColor="#B5E061" backgroundColor="#B5E061"

height="150">

<s:layout>

<s:VerticalLayout paddingBottom="10"></s:VerticalLayout>

</s:layout>

<s:TextArea borderVisible="false" focusEnabled="false" paddingTop="10" paddingBottom="10" paddingRight="10" paddingLeft="10"

width="100%"

height="130" textAlign="justify"          

borderColor="#4405E2"           

text="One significant aspect of JavaScript is that there is rarely a single right way to do any particular task.

JavaScript is a loosely-typed, dynamic, and expressive language, which means that there are usually  

many different ways to accomplish the same task for application One significant aspect of JavaScript is that there is rarely a single right way to do any particular task.

JavaScript is a loosely-typed, dynamic, and expressive language, which means that there are usually  

many different ways to accomplish the same task for application"

verticalScrollPolicy="off" />

</s:BorderContainer>