7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 12:00 PM by jeffgedgaud

performance and import stuff - should I buy this program?

weltraumhoschi

hey guys,

as I was looking for a easy-to-use program for my video workshops with kids I stumbled upon premiere elements.

looks cool, but some things puzzle me:

1) I´m trying it on a brand new i7 notebook, but its running as slow as if I´d be using tons of material and a 10 year old mashine.

(there is only one pal video (15sec) and 10 photos. the project settings are the same as the video)

2) when I want to import a soundfile from a SD card, he only lets me import via "video importer".first he lets me choose the file in the browser, then he says "you want to import from a removable media, use the video importer"? do I have to copy it to harddrive first? unnessecary step.

and then, in the video import window, he shows me all files on the card, checked, so if I click "import", he loads all the stuff on the card, again. so I uncheck everything, but there is not the wave-file I recorded and chose 1 minute ago in the browser, just all the mp3s and videos...

this is pretty f**ked up and counter-intuitive.

can someone tell me solutions for that?

otherwise I simply cant buy 10 licences for a program that makes every single kid ask me how to import and stuff.