3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 1:48 AM by Nash_John

add markings, highlights or annotations

btjra

How can I add markings, highlights or annotations to a freeze frame and have it show within a finished video?  For example I am creating a how to use an iPad video and I want  arrows, highlight boxes or pen markings to appear in my video.

• 1. Re: add markings, highlights or annotations
          the_wine_snob Level 9

There is a great feature built into PrE - The Titler. You can add all sorts of Text, Shapes, characters and graphics. Just create your Title, and drag it to above your Video Clip (higher Video Track). It is sort of like using Layers in Photoshop.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: add markings, highlights or annotations
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Another option, though involving another program, would be to create your Titles in Photoshop, on a Transparent Background. There are more Shapes available there, and more graphic elements. Then, just Save_As a PSD, and Import that into the Project, drag it to the same higher Video Track, and you are done.

For general use, I like Titler, as one does not have to even leave PrE, but when things get intricate, when I might need to use Illustrator fiiles, or similar, then I use the Photoshop Title/PSD route.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: add markings, highlights or annotations
              Nash_John Level 3

You can also try using Clip Arts provided with the application, they includes a variety of designs, if anyone of them helps you

1 person found this helpful