We are running the Mac version currntly. But we just picked up a Windows workstation to start transitioning from what appears to be an EOL'ed Mac Tower situation (we need plenty of expansion slots for Multibridge Pro card and Dulce Raid cards, etc) not to mention where the OS is going
We only have the license for CS5.5 on the Mac. We don't want to just drop the Mac license as we need to keep running while we get the Windows side of the whole workflow spot on. Also, we want to still be able to work with folks only comfortable on the Mac platform se we'd like to maintain it. So:
1. Is there is discount price structure for folks wanting to run CS5.5 on BOTH platforms?
2. With NAB and the high likelyhood of a potential CS6.0 arriving or announcing, is it wise to wait until after NAB to pull the trigger for an added Windows license?
Personally I would wait for NAB. Version 6 is supposed to be a fairly major upgrade but we don't have details. Adobe has said on their web site that every other year will be a major upgrade which would mean this year. I forget the link but it is from their top software guy.
Adobe CEO on CS6 plan http://prodesigntools.com/when-adobe-cs6-coming-out-creative-suite-6.html
As far as a cross platform discount... I think you need to contact Adobe sales (to the OP)
1. I don't believe so. Plenty of post houses have multiple licenses. There may be a bulk discount, but none that I'm aware of just for buying a second license. The platform likely has no bearing on discounts, only the quantity.
2. I would seriously consider this option.