9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2013 1:06 AM by Fbuser123_accuracy RSS

dx tool failed:

Biscuitcleaver Community Member

I'm really frustrated by this error. I was using flash builder 4.5 with no issues; I was able to get my first flash project on my android device. I updated my flash builder to 4.6 - and as a part of this process was told to uninstall the previous (Flash Builder 4.5) version. I installed, imported my old project - made a few reference changes and was able to get the desktop simulator to work with Flash Builder 4.6.

Now, I want my new project to run on my android and test with a gps sensor. I export release build - go through the steps I went through before and instead of it working; I get an error that my dx tool failed. No mention of what failed within the dx tool, just that it failed and I can't be helped. I rebooted my computer, same issue. I created a new project with nothing but just the stock project - still nothing worked. I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, created a new project and I'm still not working. How can I fix this and get back up and running?

I attached a screenshot of my error.dxtool.JPG

Thanks!

• 1. Re: dx tool failed:

By the way, this seems to be an issue with the signing process. I have created several new provisioning certificates and still no luck. I can export with the sign later option, and no problem.

• 2. Re: dx tool failed:

New information. The log is spitting out this error:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2012-03-01 18:56:44.039

!MESSAGE dx tool failed:

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.createErrorStatus(FlexProjectCore. java:1019)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLogImpl.log(GlobalLogImpl.java:66)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog.log(GlobalLog.java:52)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.apollo.export.AIRAPKPackager.create(AIRAPKPackager.java:19 0)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.exportrelease.AndroidExportReleaseHandler.doPacka ge(AndroidExportReleaseHandler.java:234)

at com.adobe.flashbuilder.project.multiplatform.ui.exportrelease.MultiPlatformExportReleaseV ersionManager.doExport(MultiPlatformExportReleaseVersionManager.java:198)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard$1.run(Exp ortReleaseVersionWizard.java:208)

• 3. Re: dx tool failed:

This was resolved after a ton of work and looking into the root of the issue. Basically, I had a corrupted install of JRE that was related to an attempt to install Tomcat. If anyone else has this issue, try uninstalling JRE and reinstalling a clean copy.

• 4. Re: dx tool failed:
                DROZKANKARA@HOTMAIL.COM

install latest jre from oracle

Go to Program Files Adobe Flash Builder into jre/bin

run javacpl.exe(administor)

open java tab and select wiew

next windows uncheck 1.6

check 1.7

reopen flash builder

and rleas build app

ı try this and finaly no problem

• 5. Re: dx tool failed:
                  rohanIndia Community Member

Thx a lot . You saved my time. it worked for me!

• 6. Re: dx tool failed:

Your post hav helped me a lot. I have saved  a hell lot of time. thx a lot and keep posting.

• 7. Re: dx tool failed:
                      Fbuser123_accuracy

I have do all the check fellow your guide !

But why whe same error still occured .

I have upgraded the newest version for JRE  and re-open flash builder again !

below is my snap of JRE

QQ截图20130923220221.gif

would you like help me more about this issue ?

other word , I really need your help for this problem !

thanks a lot !

• 8. Re: dx tool failed:

restarting flex would help.

• 9. Re: dx tool failed:
                          Fbuser123_accuracy Community Member

actual, I done all the steps , then re-start flash builder, still appeard that error .......

can anybody have idea about that situation ?