6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 11:37 AM by Central28

Static Form

Central28

Hi! Is there any way to create either a static form or a form which has a chart/table and only one question? For example, is there a way I could create all the items, answer them myself, and freeze the webpage so people can see the answers? Or is there a way to add a plain table/chart with no ability for them to input information? The point is to have an informational page, with one of the two options mentioned, which is updatable by us but not by our submitters, and use Adobe FormsCentral since we are trying to stick with only one website. Is this possible? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Static Form
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Could you be more specific about the use case details? I don't quite understand what you are asking.

Thanks,

Randy

• 2. Re: Static Form
            Central28 Level 1

I am sending all our employees to Adobe FormsCentral to fill out various forms, and want to keep them coming to FormsCentral for consistency. I have several projects at the same time and would like to keep the field updated on where each project is in the completion stage by just giving them a link, and I will update the contents. So, for example, I could have a chart with columns labeled with the stages of completion and rows labeled with the project names. I might use something like the ratings scale on FormsCentral, select the appropriate stage for each project, and would be able to update this with my account, but from the outside, employees would just see the updated chart (they wouldn't be able to change anything on the chart). I might have one question on there for them to submit. This would be the optimal solution, but if there's another way besides a chart, I would be fine with that too. Is this possible?

• 3. Re: Static Form

OK, try this and see if it meets your needs. Go to the Share button in the lower left corner of the UI. Click Publish Responses. Select want you want to publish then copy the URL. Distribute the URL to so other users can see the response tab and summary report but they cannot change them. Would this work?

Randy

• 4. Re: Static Form
                Central28 Level 1

If I update the responses myself, will the responses our users see via the URL change in real-time?

• 5. Re: Static Form

Yes, it will update in real-time.

• 6. Re: Static Form
                    Central28 Level 1

Although it's not as attractive as would be best (e.g. users will see all editing tools), it might work for now. Thanks!