• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

embedded .swf controller doesn't display

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using robohelp html and I've been trying to embed a .swf with a controller in a topic. I need the .swf and controller because I'd like the user to have the option not to play the .swf. I selected Insert->Multimedia/Demo and then pulled in the .swf file, which was built with a controller that displays in .htm files.

After embedding the .swf, when I preview the topic, the .swf doesn't display a controller and it auto-plays. I went to the True Code (HTML) screen and saw that Robohelp had embedded the .swf with controller=false and ShowControls=0. I manually edited the HTML to controller=true and ShowControls=1, and then saved the topic. I returned to the Design screen, then immediately back to the HTML screen. Once again, controller had reverted back to false and ShowControls to 0. I re-saved them as true and 1, but as soon as Ieft the HTML screen, they reverted back to false and 0. I cannot get the HTML to save with controller=true and ShowControls=1, and I cannot get Robohelp to display the controller that is part of the .swf. Anyone run into a solution for this problem?

By the way, I tried this with .swf's built with both Captivate and Camtasia. No luck with either version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi tlf23 and welcome to our community

What created this .SWF? What is your output?

Here is a link that may help if the .SWF is a Captivate output. Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp