3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 12:19 PM by ksemple

Linking Compositions

ksemple Level 1

How do I for instance, create all of my text in one composition with the different rotations and stuff that I want to do and then move them over to the composition where I will have the camera move around them.

For example this guys is doing at 5:43. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybMOaOqY-Vs

• 1. Re: Linking Compositions
          dh91 Level 1

I believe this function is called rasterize, but don't quote me. If you check it then that should preserve the 3D characteristics of your comp when you move it into another comp. Just be sure that your text actually has 3D enabled

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 1.37.46 AM.png

• 2. Re: Linking Compositions
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just go through the tutorial carefully. Personally, I find it easiest to do this kind of animation by linking the camera to a null, then animating the null. Occasionally during the animation I'll move a layer into position or rotate it, but the camera usually just flies around a set of 3D layers that I've arranged in 3D space. You can trim the in and out points of the layers as they pass in and out of camera view. There are a bunch of tutorials out there with different techniques. Once you get the basic idea you'll be able to do just about anything.

• 3. Re: Linking Compositions
              ksemple Level 1

Hey Rick thanks for the help, I got the hang of null layers, and pretty fair understanding of masking, learning these two concepts have upped my skill set so much, all of sudden now the animations, camera movement and other stuff I want to do is becoming more and more simple, by just learning these two concepts.