2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2012 8:08 AM by the_wine_snob

remove project from computer

d0hertyjay45

Now that my Premier Elements 10  video project is completed and burned to a DVD, how do I remove all elements of the project from my computer?

• 1. Re: remove project from computer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is very easy to do, if you followed the advice in my book and created a new folder every time you created a new project. Then you just delete that folder and all of the project, media and back-up files go with it.

Otherwise, you'll have to manually locate the project's .prel file, the media files you gathered, and the sub-folders for Premiere Elements Auto-Save, Premiere Elements Preview Files, Encoded Files and Stop Motion Capture for that specific project and remove them.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: remove project from computer
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The answer depends on how you set up the Project initially. I place everything into one root folder, which contains the PREL file, then sub-folders with Copies of my Source Footage, and my PrE Scratch Disks, including Render files, Media Cache, etc.. All that I have to do is Delete that Project's root folder, and everything goes away with it. If one has not used such a scheme, then they will need to navigate around the system, locating the various folders, with files inside, and Deleting them, one at a time. This ARTICLE goes into more detail on how I set up my PrE Projects.

Now, before you start Deleting files and folders, you need to ask yourself a few questions:

1. Will I ever need to re-edit this Project again?
            2. Are the Assets used in this Project worth saving for later use?

If the answer is yes to # 1, then look into the Project Archiver, and when done, test that Project, to make sure that everything is needed to Open it later. I place my Archived Projects onto external HDD's, just in case.

If the answer is yes to # 2, then make sure to Copy any Assets to a safe place. I use a NAS for my Assets.

Good luck,

Hunt