10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2012 4:00 AM by nealeh

Switch to a different menu template

community help Level 1
        • 1. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
          Manstandvd

I have purchased PE 10 to use on a new PC. I am horrified to find that it has less DVD menus than PE 4. In particular wedding dvd menus. Am I missing something??

• 2. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Did you install the additional Functional Content?

If you installed via media, you need to install that material from an additional disc, in the set.

If you installed via a download, there will be a second file, that needs to be downloaded, and Extracted to install that additional content.

• 3. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
              Manstandvd Level 1

I have used the content disc 4 and then also checked the update facility online. It says that I am up to date. I still have fewer menus. Only 2 wedding ones as opposed to 8 in PE 4.

I have PE 4 on one PC. PE 10 is a new install on a new PC.

I am afraid that I am no PC expert.

From your reply

If you installed via a download, and only got one file, you need to get the second, whick, IIRC, is a 7z "archived" file, and you will just Extract that, and install that additional material.

I am afraid that I do not understand the above. If I have tried to update I assume that I have everything for PE 10??

Also, do not Delete PrE 4.0 yet, as Adobe does change Menus, from time to time, and might delete some, and add others. Between PrE 4.0 and 10, the Menu Sets are the same format, PSD, so if you are missing some favorites, you can Copy those over, into the Library for PrE 10. If you need to do this, we can offer instructions, as there are a few things to consider, but it is simple.

You say the above is simple?? Where have I heard that before? I do not want to damage my new software installation!

Thanks for you interest!

Stan Williamson

• 4. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you've installed on the content, you should have nearly 65 disc templates. Is that not enough?

• 5. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                  Jack Aubry

Steve,

I purchased PE10 with Photoshop elements 10 together. I am not seeing anywhere near 65 templates. There is one called "fun", and then about 9 more for "plus members only." When I installed from disc, I inserted all of the PE 10 discs the installer asked for.

Is this a crippled version of the product, or are these templates hidden somewhere?

Thanks

Chris H.

• 6. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

It appears that you have not installed the Additional Functional Content. If you purchased the physical media, you should have a disc with that extra material. If you purchased via download, go back with your link, and download the additional file with it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                      Jack Aubry Level 1

Thanks for the welcome.

The Premiere Elements 10 / Photoshop Elements 10 physical media comes on 5 DVD discs. According to the ReadMe, disc 1: Win; disc 2: Win 64-bit; disc 3: Mac; disc 4: Win content; disc 5: Mac content

If I run the installer on disc 4, it tells me that all of the content is already installed and it quits.

Browsing the DVD shows 6 folders of content. If I unzip them, they contain unrecognizable files with file names of about 20 alpha characters. If I run the installer within one of the folders, all it wants to do is UNinstall PE 10.

It's obvious to me that either the installers are broken, or the content of 65 disc menus does not exist for this SKU of the product. Does anybody know for sure what's up with this product?

Thanks again.

Chris

• 8. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Stan,

If that is all that you have, you have NOT installed the additonal functional content.

Look to the other discs.

Hunt

• 9. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                          Manstandvd Level 1

Another discovery!

PE 10 appears to limit the number of chapters to 25 on a BD. This never happened with PE 4. Another example of progress!!!!!!.......Not!!

• 10. Re:  Switch to a different menu template
                            nealeh Level 5

Same on DVD. It decreased from 99 to 25 after PRE7.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children