7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2012 2:11 PM by the_wine_snob

mchance

mbchance Level 1

I am using the trial version of PE 10,  I can burn and view what I create with the DVD and ACVHD settings.  I can view these on my computer, but can only see the DVD format on my Blue Ray and non-Blue Ray DVD players  on my HD TVs.  Not sure if the problem is the Blue Ray Burner on my New Dell system used to create these DVDs.  I want to burn high resolution DVDs to share with family. I am not buring Blue Ray discs, only regular DVDs.

• 1. Re: mchance
          the_wine_snob Level 9

An AVCHD disc will only be playable on a BD player, and then, only on one with that capability. Does your BD player say that it can read AVCHD? Not all can, though it is becoming more popular. Check the full specs. of that player.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: mchance
            nealeh Level 5

An AVCHD disk burnt to an ordinary DVD can only be played in a Blu-ray player.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: mchance
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, and only by an AVCHD-capable BD player.

Hunt

• 4. Re: mchance
                mbchance Level 1

I am using a Panasonic BD player that says it plays AVCHD, but when I insert the disc , the HD TV give me a screen that show a list.  (AVCHD Direct Navigator, but it won't play.   Just got the new Dell.  Not sure if the BD burner is the problem. (6x BD writer, SATA only),

• 5. Re: mchance
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

That is a good question. Going back a bit, Dell did have some problems with a batch of BD burners. First thing that I would do is check to see if there is a firmware update. Note: be very sure that you follow the instructions with ANY/ALL firmware updates. If that does not fix thiings, then contact Dell, just to check.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: mchance
                    mbchance Level 1

thanks for your help.  There didn't seem to be any driver updates.  I will try the disc in another BD player, and or contact Dell

• 7. Re: mchance
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Actually, it was not a driver update, but a firmware update for the burner. The driver interfaces with the OS, while the firmware is flashed onto a ROM chip in the burner. Remember, if one does update firmware, they MUST follow the installation instructions 100%. I recommend printing out those, and having them handy, then following every step in order.

Good luck,

Hunt