1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2012 5:55 AM by Steve Grisetti

3 hours to burn a DVD

maxxat9876

Hi, i have Premiere Elements V8.0 and i have now struggled for almost a year to produce a DVD.

The problem i find is that it takes soooo long time to edit and produce a DVD.

Premiere is hanging and acting very slow when i try to add clips and work with any function.

And now when i tried to burn a DVD it took over 3 hours and when i reached 96% i got an error saying that the media was not OK!! :-(

It takes the same time if i do this to my harddrive.

Also when i let Premiere analyze the videoclips that i have imported, it takes like 2 hours for a 20 min clip!!

This can not be right :-(((

So what makes Premiere work slow???

Let me know if you need any more information to get this fixed.

All suggestions are welcome!!!

I have the folloing hardware/software.

Windows 7, service pack 1

Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2,20Ghz

32 bit

RAM memory: 3,00 GB

Graphical HW: ATI Radeon HD2600Pro

Thank you!

Mats

• 1. Re: 3 hours to burn a DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I show you in my books and in parts 1 and 2 of my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series, matching your project settings to your video format is critical to an optimized, successful editing experience.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select? If you've selected the correct settings, you will NOT see red lines above the clips you add to your timeline. Is this the case in your project?

The amount of time it takes to transcode DVD files depends on a number of features, including what you're using for your source video. Version 8,  by the way, works much less efficiently than version 10 of the program. But, if you've matched your project settings to your video (and you're using video from a camcorder, rather than from a non-traditional source, such as FRAPS or a smart phone), it should transcode fairly efficiently on your machine.