• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Windows 7 clipboard (Copy/Pase) in Captivate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy/paste image from the Windows (7) clipboard to my Captivate project. This way I can gain lots of time.

But once I copy something inside Captivate, I can't access the Windows clipboard anymore. To access again to the Windows clipboard I have to close and start Captivate again.

Is there a way to get the clipboard content instead of the last Captivate copy content?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem using Captivate 8, but it is intermittent.  I can paste from windows clipboard directly into captivate, but now it just remembers the last thing I copied in Captivate and pastes that instead.  If there is a way to re-activate the paste from clipboard, I want to know.  This should never be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with text - I am trying to create question slides based on Ppt and Captivate 8 only remembers the first thing pasted. After that, it will keep pasting that no matter how many times I copy other text outside Captivate. Did you find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something like this happen today. I could paste on some slides, but not on others. The paste option was grayed out on those slides. As it turned out, I just tried right-clicking the slide, and selecting Unlock Slide from the resulting drop-down menu. That fixed it! I don't recall locking any slides, but now that I know how to unlock them, life is good again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am vary wary of copy and paste for images from outside Captivate. I know that Windows 7 will paste an image into the library, and it may look fine on the screen, but after further investigation Windows 7 is pasting images as LOW RESOLUTION .bmp files that don't have any further resolution than what is shown on the screen.

The slightest resize, or movement, of the image on the stage results in unacceptable image quality upon publish.

My workflow has become to convert any image to .png, preferably through Photoshop to ensure transparency, then to import the file into the library (drag and drop also has issues), and finally place on the stage, resize and relocate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources