Remove the code from all btns, as below paste it on main timeline
Also no need to load xml twice as dome in image container...
give an instance name to the outer container of btns - menumv
use following method to openURL, use same for all the btns..
import flash.events.MouseEvent; import flash.net.URLLoader; import flash.net.URLRequest;
var myLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
myXML = new XML(e.target.data); trace(myXML); menumv.carbtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, openURL);
I have added your code to care just get one button working.
I ran a preview and it worked.
Published it and the button dont work.
I tried also uploading it to another test server on an external host and it also does not work.
test server http://www.onlineaddicts.co.uk/test
This is with me using IE 9
You need to update the files, you are linking your local links...
Also you need to replicate this line for all your btn
And this function as well
Not an optimized solution as you need to right 5 functions, but should work.
I changed the link url in the xml file from
file:\\10.0.0.5\sdp$\ so on to http://www.google.co.uk and that worked.
So after that I tried it without the file:\\ protocal
\\10.0.0.5\sdp$\ and that works..
Thank you guys for all the hard work in helping a complete nub on this.