4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 3:38 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 9 and Pentax_k5

RonHendriks

Hi,

I have Premiere Elements 9. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. My camera is Pentax K-5.

I cannot load movieclips from my K-5 into Premiere anymore. This was possible before, but I did change my computer, since it was running on Vista 32-bits before.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks a lot.

Ron Hendriks

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 and Pentax_k5
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 and Pentax_k5
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your camera shoots video in the MJPEG format, a format that Premiere Elements has a lot of difficulty working with.

Some people find that they can edit with it if they install the camera's software on their computer. (Doing this sometimes installs important codecs.) Better yet, go to the Pentax web site and download the latest version of this software to ensure that it is Windows 7 64-bit compatible.

If not, you may have to convert the video to an editable format.

Are you shooting in 640x480, 1280x720 or 1920x1080?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 and Pentax_k5
              RonHendriks Level 1

That is a pitty, but the codecs did not came with installation of the Pentax software.

I do 1920x1080.

How to convert the video to an editable format?

I'm going to buy Pentax K-01 for video wich uses different format H.264 will that work with Premiere Elements 9?

Or is there another set of software to go to, since I'm planning to do some more video over the comming year?

Thanks for the first input.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 and Pentax_k5
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The K-01 purports to shoot in AVC video, which should be editable in Premiere Elements. (No guarantees though, so see if you can get your hands on some sample video to test drive. Pentax might be using a non-standard H.264 codec.)

The cam also shoots in MJPEG-AVI though also, so make sure you select the right format for your videos when you shoot them.