2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 3:29 AM by VDOSurfer

Losing video in Premiere Elements 10

maasr

I have been using a trial version of Premiere Elements 9 and decided to go ahead and purchase version 10.  The installation went smoothly, and I activated with my serial number.  My problem is that I'm getting sound but no video - the video pane is black.  I'm using the exact same avi and mpg files that I used in version 9.  Interestingly enough, if I start the file playing and click in the video pane, it will pause and give me a still picture of whatever point the video is at.  Then if I resume the playback, the video pane goes black again.

At first I thought maybe there was something wrong with the DVDs I purchased, so I uninstalled version 10 and downloaded it from Adobe's website and installed it - but I still had the same problem.  At one point I even formatted my hard drive and set up everything from scratch, installed the downloaded version again, and still no change.

At this point I have both version 9 and 10 on my computer.  Version 9 works great, but I am still getting sound and no video in version 10. 

I am running Windows XP with service pack 3, my processor is a Pentium Dual Core E5300, 2.6 GHz, and I have 4 gigabytes of ram.

BTW, as soon as I open a new, blank project in version 10, I see something similar to the picture below in the video pane:

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray Maas

• 1. Re: Losing video in Premiere Elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you certain that your AVIs are DV-AVIs (video captured from a miniDV camcorder over a FireWire connection)?

What model of camcorder are your MPEGs coming from?

Which project settings are you using in your version 10 project?

Is your version 10 program registered and fully activated? Have you got the latest version of Quicktime?

Have you gone to the ATI or nVidia web sites and ensured that you have the latests driver for your video card?

• 2. Re: Losing video in Premiere Elements 10
            VDOSurfer Level 3

Did you get any error message when PrE10 was launched? Anything that said the display driver is not updated or something like that? Did an activation happen? This happens when a file in imported to the timeline and then a small progress bar appears (for mpg files) to the right bottom of the app. Did this happen at all?