2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 10:20 PM by Thirumalaimurugan RSS

Can use another software (not FMLE) to publish stream to FMS?

NhimYeu

Hi all,

I have a question:

Can use another software (not FMLE) to publish stream to FMS?

I ask this question because I want to use Authentication add-in to prevent user publish stream to FMS. This add-in only affect with FMLE, so, if user use another encoder software, they still can publish stream to my FMS

• 1. Re: Can use another software (not FMLE) to publish stream to FMS?
          SE_0208 Adobe Employee

You can use any encoder to publish to FMS - you can write you own add-in to restrict any publisher - but you are right that FMLE add-in will work only for FMLE.

Actually i am not clear with your questions - Are you concerned that other publishers apart from FMLE would publish or you want add-in for other encoders - meaning do you plan to use another encoder?

If its first problem - you can do simple thing - turn SWF verification on - make exception for FMLE and have FMLE add-in - in this case only valid clients would be able to connect - even other encoders wont be able to connect - so if someone cant connect there is no way they can publish.

• 2. Re: Can use another software (not FMLE) to publish stream to FMS?
            Thirumalaimurugan Community Member

Is there any possiblity to publish the multible bitrate stream(MBR) from web application like using add-in or FMLE is the one and only option for the MBR to FMS