1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 12:03 AM by kasq

HOW TO USE PARSYS IN A TAB?

Amitdstar Level 1

Hi All,

I really need yours help.

i have a multiple tab in my website and while tab navigation i (author) want to add component , for that i want to add a parsys so that author can add multiple component under one tab . please advice me how to do that.

e.g author can add multiple component under Social tab ,and same for other tab also. I am includng parsys under each tab , but that is not working .

please help

• 1. Re: HOW TO USE PARSYS IN A TAB?
          kasq Level 3

Hi Amitdstar,

It depends on your implementations of tabs component.

One simple solution is to create template (for example: Content Page Tab Template) with parsys inside which will be used to create a content for one separate tab and then in the page in which you want to insert multiple tabs you are creating tabs component in which you only give contributor a possibility to select for each tab a path to page which contains a content created by Content Page Tab Template.

This main component will use path to retrieve a components included in the parsys and then using  <sling:include> tag will include specific component with content.

Second solution is to create a for each tab different parsys, for instance:

<cq:include path="tab1-parsys" resourceType="foundation/components/parsys"/>

<cq:include path="tab2-parsys" resourceType="foundation/components/parsys"/>

....                                                                                   

and then include inside different parsys the same components.

I hope it is clear,

kasq