1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 5:16 PM by emmysue32

InDesign, CQ5, Silicon Connector, WebDav = s  l  o  w

emmysue32 Level 1

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences severe slowness with InDesign (CS5), on a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Mac (8GB memory) running Mac OS X 10.6.8, (HD capacity is 999.86 GB, 131.03 used) while using Adobe's CQ5 Digital Asset Management, utilizing Silicon Connector (to link through it) and WebDav (to interface with InDesign).

I don't mean sluggishness, but outright head-banging takes-a-full-minute-to-drag-and-drop-an-image slow. I am using Font Agent Pro plugin, and other necessary custom plugins that we utilize to tag xml information, but I have dialed in all the other things I've found on various blogs and at InDesign Secrets that could contribute to InDesign slowness in general. I can't find anyone else complaining about the issue, and we're flummoxed. There are about 5 of us on the team, all with different Mac computers, and we all experience it to different degrees, and it undulates throughout the day. Sometimes it's snappy and fun to use, sometimes we all spin out and crash. We tested our connection speeds, nothing unusual there. Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop are no problem. We run workflows on the files on the DAM through CQ5 and they are not slow, but sometimes navigating through the finder to access folders that are housed on this DAM is very slow at the same time InDesign is.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Emmy