4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 2:45 PM by bobhopfner

object leaves the pasteboard

bobhopfner

I have a 7"x9" document with various objects on the page. There's a little logo at the bottom that when scaled up over 125% I get an error that an object is going to leave the pasteboard.

So I band aid it with:

with(app.documentPreferences)

{

slugTopOffset = "6in";

slugBottomOffset = "6in";

slugInsideOrLeftOffset = "6in";

slugRightOrOutsideOffset = "6in";

pasteboardMargins = "6in";

}

with(app.activeDocument.pasteboardPreferences)

{

alert ("Pasteboard is :"+app.activeDocument.pasteboardPreferences.pasteboardMargins.join(", ")+" big");

pasteboardMargins = [ "-1", "12"];

}

And it this happens before I scale the art AND I also scale up the page itself but I still get the "falling off the pasteboard" error. I am out of ideas.

thanks,

Bob

• 1. Re: object leaves the pasteboard
          bobhopfner Level 1

Maybe it has something to do with the coordinates?

function myTransform(myPage, myRectangle, myScaleMatrix)

{

app.transformPreferences.whenScaling = WhenScalingOptions.APPLY_TO_CONTENT;

var everything;

var origin;

if ( ssize > 1.0 )

{

//origin = myPage.resolve(AnchorPoint.CENTER_ANCHOR,CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES)[0];

origin = myPage.resolve(AnchorPoint.CENTER_ANCHOR,CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES);

myPage.transform(CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES,origin,myScaleMatrix);

everything = myRectangle.everyItem();

//origin = myPage.resolve(AnchorPoint.CENTER_ANCHOR,CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES)[0];

everything.transform(CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES,origin,myScaleMatrix);

}

else

{

everything = myRectangle.everyItem();

origin = myPage.resolve(AnchorPoint.CENTER_ANCHOR,CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES)[0];

everything.transform(CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES,origin,myScaleMatrix);

myPage.transform(CoordinateSpaces.PASTEBOARD_COORDINATES,origin,myScaleMatrix);

}

• 2. Re: object leaves the pasteboard
            bobhopfner Level 1

So now I have scripted in 25" pasteboard margins and can get a 300% upscale on my document. The problem now is that it is shifted horizontally to the left, I turned off "Facing pages" and it seems to work now!

• 3. Re: object leaves the pasteboard
              [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Your page content shifts when you change the pasteboard size? I don't think that's supposed to happen. You might want to report this as a bug to Adobe.

• 4. Re: object leaves the pasteboard
                bobhopfner Level 1

I think you may be right. Also there is a disparity between the desktop - script works ( to 300%) - and indesign server - where the script fails after about 142%. It says it can't render because objects are falling off the pasteboard. In theory, nothing I am scaling is ever leaving the document page much less the pasteboard. BUG REPORT!