Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Help for Multiple Customers

Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the company I work for we have a software product that is configurable for different customers. I have a master online help that contains ALL the components. When we are sending a particular iteration of the software to a customer with their specific set of components exposed, I have to generate a specific help for this set of components. I have all the different components conditionalised so that I can pick and choose the components needed for each customer. Development here are trying to automate the software build process and I am wondering if there is any way for our build process, via a script or something, to pick the conditionalised topics from the master help system so that we do not have to generate a new help for every customer? Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill Albing describes what you need to know in an article on my site.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/command_line/command_line.htm

See - Preparing a Layout for Each Deliverable.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp