• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No hardware rendering on Intel GMA X4500MHD (problem with switchable graphics systems?)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i have a problem regarding hardware rendering on my Intel GMA X4500MHD, e.g. on youtube. When watching a video on Youtube (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI3f4b-b8ig) and displaying video information it says "software video rendering, accelerated video decoding". So hardware video decoding works, but hardware video rendering doesn't! Therefore playback is quite unsmooth an the video looks pixelated.

From what I read in an KB article my GPU should be capable of hardware rendering. It's also using the newest driver v8.15.10.2555.

But I think I have an idea whats the root of the Problem. I'm using a Lenovo T400 with switchable graphics. That means besides the Intel GMA X4500MHD the system also conains an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3470. I assume Flash Player doesn't correctly recognize the special driver needed for switchable graphics to work and therefore disables hardware rendering?

I hope you can help me solve my problem? Or is it a bug that can only be fixed inside Flash Player and therefore needs to be adressed to developers?

Thanks,

Eduard

System Information:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eduard,

Just posted in another thread of yours (for the ATI gpu).  Please try this in fullscreen mode to see what the video info overlay displays.  I suspect you'll get accelerated for both rendering and decoding.  This is actually a setting that YouTube has decided on, Flash Player supports both modes.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chris:

Sorry, that doesn't change anything. With fullscreen mode you meant just clicking the fullscreen-button in youtube's mediaplayer?

Is there another site were I can test my flash-players playback capabilities besides youtube?

@ Pat:

Maybe, but I'm not using an Intel HD.

It's an Intel GMA X4500MHD, the integrated graphics card from the Intel GM 45 Express chipset, and for this card 8.15.10.2555 is the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for that; you're right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only other page that comes to mind is the StageVideo demo located here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/live-player/

It runs into network buffering issues, but I've found that toggling StageVideo/overlays on and off while viewing a task manager gives a good indication if hardware acceleration is working.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ede_123 wrote:

It's also using the newest driver v8.15.10.2555.

The latest driver version for Intel HD is 8.15.10.2622

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines