5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2012 4:38 PM by Noel Carboni

Should I See 2012 Process Image Quality Improvements?  Plus Minor Display Buglet.

Noel Carboni Level 7

Having played around with the Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate, and switching back and forth between the 2010 and 2012 processes (the latter only offering limited main panel adjustments), I'm left to wonder...

Question:

I really didn't see any discernable differences in Image Quality between 2010 and 2012.

Should I have expected any?  If so, are there special places I should look? 

Or is 2012 just all about control simplification, which doesn't apply to ACR 6.7?  Keep in mind I don't use LR so I don't know what that simplification might be; I'm just going on what I heard.

The CA correction improvements appear to apply equally to 2010 and 2012 processes.

Buglet:

The one other thing I noted was that when you hover over the little warning icon on the image it puts up the message "Update to Current Process (2010)", which is a bit wrong given that it's actually a downdate to an older process.  Maybe the wording should be different if it's the 2012 process?  Something like "Change to Process (2010)"?

UpdateToCurrent.jpg

-Noel