0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 11:32 AM by emerasoft.srl

Dommy Dumper: dynamic csaw library for CS 5.5

emerasoft.srl Level 1

Hello everybody,

I created a C++ InDesign plug-in (for both CS5 and CS5.5) and, due to the fact the plug-in is scriptable, I decided to produce a csaw_indesign.swc library containing my extensions to the DOM. I was finally able to do that thanks to the CSAW-SDK, the "dommy dumper". I had to use Windows because on Mac OS X 10.7.3 it was not possible, no way, I wasn't able to take the procedure to a good end.

BTW, my new "csaw_indesign_dynamic.swc" works as expected and I successfully used it on a test Extension Builder project targeting InDesign CS5 and later. I then tried to use the same dynamic library on a project targeting InDesign CS5.5 and later but received a warning (ok, it's just a warning) related to a "Creative Suite version mismatch. CSAW Libraries compiled with Creative Suite CS5...".

So I went back to the "dommy-dumper" and changed the target from CS5 to CS5.5; I then created the dynamic library and imported into the project and noticed the same warning.

The question, finally: is it possible from the dommy-dumper to produce a dynamic library for CS5.5 as well? I mean a CS5.5-only version in the same way Adobe provides a 1.0 release of the csaw library for InDesign CS5 and a 1.5 release for CS5.5...

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated

Best,

Luca