6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 3:50 PM by Glitchdog

saving and importing presets

Glitchdog Level 1

For example:

I can drop an EQ filter on a clip, tweak it, then right click and choose "save preset", but where does it go, how can I access it, back it up and/or move it to other workstations (ie import)? Can't seem to find anything online about this. I'm sure it's oh so simple...still scratching my head.

Mac 10.6.8, MacPro, blah, blah.....

• 1. Re: saving and importing presets
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Right click on preset and export.

• 2. Re: saving and importing presets
            Glitchdog Level 1

Thanks Ann, but I have no export option. If I right-click on the "EQ" filter in Effects Control the only options I get are:

Save preset, undo, cut, copy, paste (grayed), clear, select all. If I right-click on the preset option at the far right of the EQ filter in Effect Control I get nothing.

There are no export OR import options. Am I right-clicking in the wrong place?

• 3. Re: saving and importing presets

OK, you have to make the preset first.

Then go to the preset in Effects and export.

• 4. Re: saving and importing presets
                Glitchdog Level 1

I have created a preset already by right clicking on the EQ filter and choosing "Save Preset". Then I can't find it, where does it go after you save it and how do you call it back up to export? Can you either give me a workflow link from your Adobe site I can read or a bit more detail Ann? Sorry, I'm still learning the PP ropes having been on another software for many years.

• 5. Re: saving and importing presets

After you saved the preset it goes into the Presets bin in the Effects palet.

presets export.png

• 6. Re: saving and importing presets
                    Glitchdog Level 1

Thanks Ann. I was missing some very fundamental steps before the "Export preset" and your pic helped me figure it out. My post title should have been more clear. Here's the beginning steps for any other readers.

1. In the Effects panel create a custom folder (right click on the "Presets" folder), call it say "My Audio Presets" for example.

2. Select "My Audio Presets" folder, then go to the "Effect Controls" for the clip you have an audio effect applied. After you're happy with your tweaks to the filter, right-click on the applied filter and select "Save Preset"

3. Boom, it magically appears in the custom "My Audio Presets" folder you have created and had selected before you went to the "Effects Controls".

HOWEVER, if you don't know all these steps and you simply right-click the filter in the "Effects Controls" for the clip you want to save settings for, the preset acts like it saves, but really goes nowhere. That's where I was, in nowhere land. It really shouldn't work that way. Maybe have a pop-up explaining it for CS6.

Thanks for stirring my brain cells so I could figure it out!