3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2012 8:18 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 10 crashing constantly

adpremxxx

Just loaded Premiere Elements 10 side by side with 9. Opened previously created project and edited it. Flaky behavior when playing clips in middle of project (video display freezes while audio keeps playing, UI is frozen). Burned one project to DVD OK, then left another project burning to DVD - when I returned the machine had blue screened and rebooted spontaneously. Now I can't even get PRE 10 to open a project or create a new project. It just crashes:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version:    10.0.0.0

Application Timestamp:    4e5ffe8b

Fault Module Name:    TitlerCreator.dll

Fault Module Version:    10.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    4e5feaa3

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    0000000000005df4

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    8148

Additional Information 2:    8148957bca4bc4bf2c38e2c866a88b27

Additional Information 3:    e6b5

Additional Information 4:    e6b544365d92d4ffb26b5c299fc15ce6

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10 crashing constantly
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What  operating system are you using? The 64-bit or 32-bit version of the operating system? Have you installed the correct version of Premiere Elements 10 for your OS?

If you are using  a Windows computer, have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates (some of which supply important drivers and other software)?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your main hard drive? Do you edit to a second or external drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from? When  you set up your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

Have you ensured you have not opened a project created by an older version of the program with a newer version of the program? Versions 9 and 10 are pretty close -- but you can still run into problems opening a version 9 project in version 10. Try starting a project from scratch in version 10 and see if you still have stability issues.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 crashing constantly
            adpremxxx Level 1

64-bit OS, and PRE 32-bit won't install on 64-bit OS, so no worries there.

I'd be careful about advising people to install even non-critical updates - MS is not the place to get updates related to hardware or other software. MS updates for hardware are very rarely the right choice.

It's inconceivable to me that a newer version of software would not be able to open and edit some content created in the previous version. Are you serious about that?

I read on another couple threads that the PRE Content seems to cause problems, so I ripped PRE10 out and reinstalled without Content. That seems to have solved the problem. I'm able to open & edit projects, and burn DVDs, without any problem.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 crashing constantly
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like youv'e figured things out for yourself, adprem. Sorry I couldn't help.