3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2012 4:13 AM by Ninarama RSS

Is there any way to create a self-illuminating material in obj/mtl that works?

Ninarama Community Member

I've been trying lots of different parameters to achieve this, but haven't had any luck yet.

I'd like to create wavefront Objects that can have textures that aren't shaded, but are fully self-illuminated.

Setting Ambient to 1 and Diffuse & Specular to 0 didn't work either, there still were darker shades on the object.

• 1. Re: Is there any way to create a self-illuminating material in obj/mtl that works?

Right now I have come to a temporary solution, right after a model has been loaded:

_manifest = _modelLoader.model.addTo(_scene);
                         for each (var sm:SceneMesh in _manifest.meshes) {
                              for each (var elm:MeshElement in sm.elements) {
                                   var m:MaterialStandard = elm.material as MaterialStandard;
                                   trace("material name:" + m.name);
                                   if (m.diffuseMap != null) {
                                        m.emissiveMap = m.diffuseMap;
                                        m.diffuseColor = new Color(0, 0, 0, 1);
                                        m.specularIntensity = 0;
                                        m.diffuseMap = null;
                                   }
                              }
                         }

You could filter this by material name to make changes to materials which can't be done via the mtl-format alone.

I will use this to create self-illuminating textures.

• 2. Re: Is there any way to create a self-illuminating material in obj/mtl that works?
            kopaacabana Community Member

Hello,

You can use emissiveColor too...

Proscenium looks great, but nobody seems to be involved, I try to communicate with adobe team but no response ! I don't understand why ?

Is there a roadmap for Proscenium ???

Finally, I return on Away3D, damage !!!

• 3. Re: Is there any way to create a self-illuminating material in obj/mtl that works?

No, there isn't anything. I also would really like to have the source to, at least, the Pellet Physics Engine.

It seems that it is broken, because you can't completely clear the forces of an object (yes, I read through all Bullet documentations and forums to get that done under Pellet, too, but the Object still has some weird kind of torque that you can't get rid off), so a game that I startet with Proceniom will have to be canceled now after many many hours I put into it and I have to do it a completely different way now, maybe even without Stage3D. But my weekend is essentially gone now.